In this project I ask whether we can appreciate scientific experiments the way we appreciate works of art, and whether aesthetic considerations ever affect scientists when they design, run and evaluate the outcomes of experiments. I offer a framework that delineates the different dimensions in which aesthetics affects the construction, evaluation and reception of an experiment and defends the productive role of beauty in science.
- 2023. The Aesthetics of Scientific Experiments. Edited with Alice Murphy. Routledge.
- 2022. What is a beautiful experiment? Erkenntnis.
- 2022. The beauty of experiments matters. Institute of Art and Ideas.
- 2021. The aesthetics of scientific experiments. Philosophy Compass.
- 2021. The beautiful experiment. Aeon magazine.